WE DO NOT ACCEPT COMPREHENSIVE RE-USABLE TENANT SCREENING REPORTS ALSO KNOWN AS PORTABLE SCREENING REPORTS.
How To Apply
- Review the screening requirements below.
- View the property in person. (Call/email to schedule an appointment, during COVID-19 social distancing and/or for out of state renters, a friend/family member is welcome to attend, 3D virtual tour/facetime/live video walk-through). Applicants who choose to apply without seeing a property in person understand property will be accepted as-is/where-is upon lease start date.
- Complete Online Application. NOTE: All adult occupants (18 years or older) must complete individual application and supply the below required documentation. If any applicable fields are left blank or are filled incorrectly, the application will not be deemed complete and will be returned to you for completion. Falsifying information may be grounds for denial of your application.
- Pay non-refundable application fee: $49/applicant. It is paid directly to screening agency at the time of application.
- Prepare and email all required documentation to us.
- If applicable, complete pet application & pay non-refundable pet application fee: $20/1st pet, $15/2nd pet, $0/service animal**. It is paid directly to screening agency at the time of application.
- The screening process is normally completed within 24-48 hours if you have provided all the required documentation at the time of application and your references (landlord(s)/employer(s)) respond quickly. This time-frame is commonly extended due to lack of references response. Let you employer/current and past landlords know ORCA Information (our screening agency) will be calling.
- Acres Property Management will contact you once approved to schedule a lease signing.
ACRES will continue advertising the property until a signed lease and move-in costs are received.
- Valid State or Federal issued Photo ID with Date of Birth (ie: Driver’s License, State ID, Military ID (both sides), Passport)
- Proof of Employment/Income (most recent: paystub within 30 days w/ YTD, disability , retirement, SSI statement, statement showing amount and length of time benefits to be received, employment contract, etc)(**disability/retirement/SSI, if not a current statement, you will need to provide 3 months of bank statements with applicant’s name and deposits for verification)
- 3 months of bank statements (both business and personal) with applicant’s name printed on them;
- Current Profit/Loss Statement for Business;
- Copy of two most recent years filed tax return both Business and Personal
Application Acceptance Policy
Applications will typically be reviewed in the order completed applications are received and screening completed for ALL applicants in the group. We may accept multiple applications on a single property. In order to be considered your application must include all information and all the requested documentation.
Approval on Properties Unseen
If you are not local, we can schedule a showing with a friend or family member or on a case by case basis, may offer a facetime viewing to complete the requirement. Any monies paid prior to your taking possession of the property are non-refundable in the event you are dissatisfied with the property and do not take possession upon your arrival.
Reasons for Denial
- Inability to verify stable employment/income that would be reasonably expected to continue until the completion of the offered lease term;
- Inability to verify past residence;
- Length of residence history;
- No/Inadequate credit file;
- Delinquent past or present credit/rental obligations with others;
- Eviction filing or judgement;
- Garnishment, attachment, foreclosure, repossession, collection action, or judgment;
- Rental application documents not fully submitted;
- Co-applicant(s)/Roommates not timely completing application and/or submitting documentation
- Refusal/Inability to start lease immediately upon property becoming available
- Lease not being timely signed after tenant group applications being approved
- Move-in deposits not being timely paid after tenant group being approved and offered tenancy.
This is a partial list of issues that are viewed negatively and may result in denial. Landlord, reserves the right to deny applications on any lawful basis that may not be listed above. Landlord will always accept mitigating factors and the ultimate decision to approve/deny is made on a case-by-case basis after taking all submitted information into consideration.
Want to Learn More?