WE DO NOT ACCEPT COMPREHENSIVE RE-USABLE TENANT SCREENING REPORTS ALSO KNOWN AS PORTABLE SCREENING REPORTS.
How To Apply
- Review the screening requirements below.
- View the property in person. (Call/email to schedule an appointment, during COVID-19 social distancing and/or for out-of-state renters, a friend/family member is welcome to attend, 3D virtual tour/facetime/live video walk-through). Applicants who choose to apply without seeing a property in person understand property will be accepted as-is/where-is upon lease start date.
- Complete Online Application, the link to apply can be found at the bottom of this page.
– For all City of Seattle applicants – click on the button “APPLY ONLY | CITY OF SEATTLE”
– For all other cities – click on the button “APPLY ONLINE| NOT SEATTLE PROPERTIES”.
NOTE: All adult occupants (18 years or older) must complete individual applications and supply the below-required documentation. If any applicable fields are left blank or are filled incorrectly, the application will not be deemed complete and will be returned to you for completion. Falsifying information may be grounds for denial of your application.
- Pay non-refundable application fee: $49/applicant. It is paid directly to the screening agency at the time of application.
- Prepare and email all required documentation to us.
- Complete “PetScreening” application & pay non-refundable pet application fee. It is paid directly to the screening agency at the time of application. If you have No Pet or Animal you are required to complete the screening process at no charge ($0) to acknowledge applicable no pet policies. The pet application fee is $20 for the first pet and $15 for each additional pet/animal. Each pet application must be processed separately. Discounts for 2nd and additional pets are applied automatically and there is no charge ($0) for service animals.
- The screening process is normally completed within 24-48 hours if you have provided all the required documentation at the time of application and your references (landlord(s) /employer(s)) respond. References response time is the most common reason for delays. Let your employer/current and past landlords know ORCA Information (our screening agency) will be calling.
- Acres Property Management will contact you once approved to schedule a lease signing.
ACRES Property Management will continue advertising the property until a signed lease and move-in costs are received.
If you are applying for a property within the City of Seattle – only applications submitted via the “APPLY ONLINE | CITY OF SEATTLE” link will be processed. Applications not submitted via the correct link will be canceled without processing.
Screening and Credit Requirements
1. Completing an Application: Every person age 18 and above must complete a rental application. If any applicable fields are left blank or are filled incorrectly, we will return it to you for completion. Falsifying information may be grounds for denial of your application.
2. Identification: Applicants must provide valid, verifiable government issued identification. Example: A Valid Driver’s License and/or Government ID. A copy of your tax return that was filed the previous tax year.
3. Sufficient income minimums/resources: We must be able to verify the source and amount of your income. Applicants must have the ability to pay all deposits, fees, first and last month’s rent as required, prior to move-in or as otherwise required by law and/or Landlord. For HOUSES (Properties that residents are responsible for all utilities), verifiable household gross monthly income must be at least 3 times the rental amount and net debt-to-income ratio after monthly debt service and/or required payments must be 45% or less. For MULTI-FAMILY UNITS (Properties that include some utilities, ex. Water/Sewer/Garbage), verifiable gross monthly income must be 2.5 the rental amount and net debt-to-income ratio after monthly debt service and/or required payments must be 50% or less. Verifiable Resources Required for Submission of a Complete Application: Fully completed application form, current pay stubs (last 30 days – showing YTD), Current Bank Statements (last 2 months), Valid Government Issued ID, Applicants that are self-employed and/or are an independent contractor must provide: Current and previous quarter profit and loss statement, last 2 years of filed tax returns, 3 months of business bank statements, and business license.
4. Roommates: No more than 2 adult occupants per bedroom will be allowed. Two or more adults who are applying for a property may qualify with a combined income with 1 year of verifiable prior shared rental history. If you do not have verifiable prior shared rental history, it may be required that at least one applicant must individually meet above income qualifications.
5. Credit Requirements: Our office requires that you have established credit that is generally in good standing, meaning that you need to have at least 2 years credit history with more accounts in positive standing versus negative standing (delinquent payments and/or collection accounts). Late payments, outstanding court judgments, and/or public records are viewed negatively and will require a letter of explanation that will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Rolling late payments, outstanding court judgments and/or public records may result in denial of your application. Collections, judgments and/or money owed to other owners, managers, apartment complexes, utility companies will likely lead to denial. Explanations of the circumstances causing the event, proof of payoff or on-time payment arrangements will be required for review of an exception to these credit requirements. Discharged bankruptcies accepted after 24 months of positive re-established credit.
6. Rental History: Rental history is required and must be verifiable from unbiased sources. If you are related by blood or marriage to any of the landlords listed, we will need additional contact information for rental history from an unbiased source. We will verify a minimum of two rental references. If you have limited or no rental history you will need to meet all other screening requirements and your application may result in a conditional approval i.e., requiring an additional security deposit, advanced payment of rent, or other mitigating factor. It is your responsibility to provide us with the information necessary to contact all landlords. If you are a homeowner, we will need to verify ownership and past mortgage payment history. Poor references from previous landlords may result in denial of your application. Evictions/Outstanding Balances owed to or resulting from a housing related issue: If you have had an eviction/outstanding balance resulting from a housing related issue in order to consider your application there must be no balance owing to previous landlords and positive rental history must have been re-established and be verifiable for at least 5 years since that time. Applicants must also meet all other screening requirements.
7. Criminal History (Not Applicable in Seattle City Limits): Any pending charges or convictions within the last 7 years may result in denial of application. Convictions for certain crimes may result in denial of your application if the crime could be considered a threat to the rental property or to other residents/neighbors’ safety and/or peaceful enjoyment of the premises.
- Valid State or Federal issued Photo ID with Date of Birth (i.e: Driver’s License, State ID, Military ID (both sides), Passport).
- Proof of Employment/Income (most recent: paystub within 30 days w/ YTD, disability, retirement, SSI statement showing amount and length of time benefits to be received, employment contract, etc) (**disability/retirement/SSI, if not a current statement, you will need to provide 1 month of bank statements with applicant’s name printed on it for verification).
- Complete the “PetScreening” application. If you have No Pet or Animal you are required to complete the screening process at no charge ($0) to acknowledge applicable no pet policies. The pet application fee is $20 for the first pet and $15 for every additional pet. Each pet application must be processed separately but the discount will be automatically applied to additional pet applications. There is no charge ($0) for submitting a reasonable accommodation request for an assistance animal.
- OPTIONAL – Letter(s) of Explanations to explain circumstances around any known issues that will show on screening report and/or mitigating factors you’d like considered with your application.
- 3 months of bank statements (both business and personal) with the applicant’s and/or business name printed on them.
- Current & most recent past Quarter/Annual Profit/Loss Statement for Business.
- Copy of last 2 years filed tax return both Business and Personal.
Application Acceptance Policy
Applications will typically be reviewed in the order completed applications are received and screening completed for ALL applicants in the group. We may accept multiple applications on a single property. In order to be considered your application must include all information and all the requested documentation.
Approval on Properties Unseen
If you are not local, we can schedule a showing with a friend or family member or on a case by case basis, may offer a facetime viewing to complete the requirement. Any monies paid prior to your taking possession of the property are non-refundable in the event you are dissatisfied with the property and do not take possession upon your arrival.
Reasons for Denial
- Inability to verify stable employment/income that would be reasonably expected to continue until the completion of the offered lease term;
- Inability to verify past residence;
- Length of residence history;
- No/Inadequate credit file;
- Delinquent past or present credit/rental obligations with others;
- Eviction filing or judgement;
- Garnishment, attachment, foreclosure, repossession, collection action, or judgment;
- Rental application documents not fully submitted;
- Co-applicant(s)/Roommates not timely completing application and/or submitting documentation
- Refusal/Inability to start lease immediately upon property becoming available
- Lease not being timely signed after tenant group applications being approved
- Move-in deposits not being timely paid after tenant group being approved and offered tenancy.
This is a partial list of issues that are viewed negatively and may result in denial. Landlord, reserves the right to deny applications on any lawful basis that may not be listed above. Landlord will always accept mitigating factors and the ultimate decision to approve/deny is made on a case-by-case basis after taking all submitted information into consideration.
For all City of Seattle applicants – click on the button “APPLY ONLY | CITY OF SEATTLE”. For all other cities – click on the button “APPLY ONLINE| NOT SEATTLE PROPERTIES”. If you are applying for a property within the City of Seattle – only applications submitted via the “APPLY ONLINE | CITY OF SEATTLE” link will be processed. Applications not submitted via the correct link will be canceled without processing.
Want to Learn More?