WE DO NOT ACCEPT COMPREHENSIVE RE-USABLE TENANT SCREENING REPORTS ALSO KNOWN AS PORTABLE SCREENING REPORTS.
- Review the screening requirements below.
- View the property in person. (Call/email to schedule an appointment – for out of state renters, a friend/family member is welcome to attend. On a case by case basis we may offer a Facetime/live video walk-through)
- Complete Online Application. NOTE: All adult occupants (18 years or older) must complete individual application and supply the below required documentation. If any applicable fields are left blank or are filled incorrectly, the application will not be deemed complete and will be returned to you for completion. Falsifying information may be grounds for denial of your application.
- Pay non-refundable application fee: $49/applicant. It is paid directly to screening agency at the time of application.
- Prepare and email all required documentation to us.
- If applicable, complete pet application & pay non-refundable pet application fee: $20/1st pet, $15/2nd pet, $0/service animal**. It is paid directly to screening agency at the time of application.
- The screening process is normally completed within 24-48 hours if you have provided all the required documentation at the time of application and your references have responded in a timely manner. This time-frame is commonly extended due to lack of references response. (Let you employer/current and past landlords know ORCA Information will be calling)
- Acres Property Management will contact you once approved to schedule a lease signing.
ACRES will continue advertising the property until a signed lease and move-in costs are received.
- Valid State or Federal issued Photo ID with Date of Birth (ie: Driver’s License, State ID, Military ID (both sides), Passport)
- Valid Social Security/Tax ID (SSN card, Tax ID, W-2 or front page of recent year tax returns)
- Proof of Employment/Income (most recent: paystub within 30 days w/ YTD, disability , retirement, SSI statement, statement showing amount and length of time benefits to be receive, employment contract, etc)(**disability/retirement/SSI, if not a current statement, you will need to provide 3 months of bank statements with applicant’s name and deposits for verification)
- 3 months of bank statements (both business and personal) with applicant’s name printed on them;
- Current Profit/Loss Statement for Business;
- Copy of two most recent years filed tax return both Business and Personal
Applications will typically be reviewed in the order completed applications are received and screening completed for ALL applicants in the group. We may accept multiple applications on a single property. In order to be considered your application must include all information and all the requested documentation.
If you are not local, we can schedule a showing with a friend or family member or on a case by case basis, may offer a facetime viewing to complete the requirement. Any monies paid prior to your taking possession of the property are non-refundable in the event you are dissatisfied with the property and do not take possession upon your arrival.
- Inability to verify stable employment/income that would be reasonably expected to continue until the completion of the offered lease term;
- Inability to verify past residence;
- Length of residence history;
- No/Inadequate credit file;
- Delinquent past or present credit/rental obligations with others;
- Eviction filing or judgement;
- Garnishment, attachment, foreclosure, repossession, collection action, or judgment;
- Rental application documents not fully submitted;
- Co-applicant(s)/Roommates not timely completing application and/or submitting documentation
- Refusal/Inability to start lease immediately upon property becoming available
- Lease not being timely signed after tenant group applications being approved
- Move-in deposits not being timely paid after tenant group being approved and offered tenancy.
This is a partial list of issues that are viewed negatively and may result in denial. Landlord, reserves the right to deny applications on any lawful basis that may not be listed above. Landlord will always accept mitigating factors and the ultimate decision to approve/deny is made on a case-by-case basis after taking all submitted information into consideration.
SCREENING AND CREDIT REQUIREMENTS
- Completing an Application: Every person age 18 and above must complete a rental application. If any applicable fields are left blank or are filled incorrectly, we will return it to you for completion. Falsifying information may be grounds for denial of your application.
- Identification/Social Security Card: Applicant must provide valid, verifiable government issued identification. Example: A Valid Driver’s License and or Government ID. Applicant is required to provide valid, verifiable copy of your social security/tax id card and/or a copy of your tax return that was filed the previous tax year.
- Sufficient income minimums/resources: We must be able to verify the source and amount of your income. Applicant must have the ability to pay all deposits, fees, first and last month’s rent as required, prior to move-in or as otherwise required by law and/or Landlord. For HOUSES (Properties that residents are responsible for all utilities), verifiable household gross monthly income must be at least 3 times the rental amount and net debt-to-income ratio after monthly debt service and/or required payments must be 45% or less. For MULTI-FAMILY UNITS (Properties that include some utilities, ex. Water/Sewer/Garbage), verifiable gross monthly income must be 2.5 the rental amount and net debt-to-income ratio after monthly debt service and/or required payments must be 50% or less. Verifiable Resources Required for Submission of a Complete Application: Fully completed application form, Current Pay stubs (last 30 days – showing YTD), Current Bank Statements (last 2 months), Valid Government Issued ID, Valid Social Security Card/Tax ID. Applicants that are Self Employed and/or are an independent contractor must provide: Current and previous quarter profit and Loss statement, last 2 years of filed tax returns, 3 months of business bank statements, and business license.
- Roommates: No more than 2 adult occupants per bedroom will be allowed. Two or more adults who are applying for a property may qualify with a combined income with 1 year of verifiable prior shared rental history. If you do not have verifiable prior shared rental history, it is required that at least one applicant must individually meet above income qualifications
- Credit Requirements: Our office requires that you have reasonably good credit, meaning that there needs to be more accounts with positive standing versus negative standing (delinquent payments and/or collection accounts). Outstanding court judgments and/or public records are viewed negatively and will require a letter of explanation. Certain judgments may result in denial of your application. Collections, Judgments and/or money owed to other owners, managers, apartment complexes, utility companies will likely lead to denial unless proof of payment arrangements and on-time payments are provided. Discharged bankruptcies accepted after 12 months of re-established credit.
- Rental History: Rental history must be verifiable from unbiased sources. If you are related by blood or marriage to any of the landlords listed, we will need additional contact information for rental history from an unbiased source. We will verify a minimum of two rental references. If you have limited or no rental history you will need to meet all other screening requirements and your application may result in a conditional approval i.e., requiring an additional security deposit, advanced payment of rent, or other mitigating factor. It is your responsibility to provide us with the information necessary to contact all landlords. If you are a homeowner, we will need to verify ownership. Poor references from previous landlords may result in denial of your application. Evictions/Outstanding Balances: If you have had an eviction/outstanding balance in order to consider your application there must be no balance owing to previous landlords and positive rental history must have been re-established since that time. Applicant must also meet remainder of screening requirements
- Criminal History (Not Applicable in Seattle City Limits): Any pending charges or convictions within the last 7 years may result in denial of application. Convictions for certain crimes may result in denial of your application if the crime could be considered a threat to the rental property or to other residents/neighbors’ safety and/or peaceful enjoyment of the premises.
PETS AND SERVICE ANIMALS
For your pet to qualify at a property that allows pet(s), it must be at least 1 year of age, you must provide verifiable rental history with your pet. Small pet properties will not accept animals over 30 lbs. Large pet properties will not accept animals over 75 lbs. Allowance of pets varies from property to property.
The following breeds* are prohibited due to insurance coverage limitations and/or exemptions: Pit Bull, Pit Bull Mix, Rottweiler, German Shepherds, American Staffordshire Terrier, Doberman Pinschers, American Bull Dogs, and Bull Mastiffs, Wolfdog/Hybrids. — *Documentation will be required. / Service Animals are the exception.
you acknowledge that you have read the requirements above and agree to pay non-refundable pet screening fee.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOT CONSIDERED COMPLETE UNTIL WE HAVE RECEIVED THE FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATION AND ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION FROM ALL APPLICANTS INTENDING TO OCCUPY THE PROPERTY UNDER THE APPLIED FOR TENANCY (ALL CO-APPLICANTS, TENANTS, ROOMMATES), INCLUDING ALL ADDITIONAL PET/SERVICE ANIMAL REQUIREMENTS.
you acknowledge that you have read the requirements above and agree to pay non-refundable application fee.