WE DO NOT ACCEPT COMPREHENSIVE RE-USABLE TENANT SCREENING REPORTS ALSO KNOWN AS PORTABLE SCREENING REPORTS.
How To Apply
- Review the screening requirements below.
- View the property in person. (Call/email to schedule an appointment, during COVID-19 social distancing and/or for out-of-state renters, a friend/family member is welcome to attend, 3D virtual tour/facetime/live video walk-through). Applicants who choose to apply without seeing a property in person understand property will be accepted as-is/where-is upon lease start date.
- Complete Online Application, the link to apply can be found at the bottom of this page.
– For all City of Seattle applicants – click on the button “APPLY ONLY | CITY OF SEATTLE”
– For all other cities – click on the button “APPLY ONLINE| NOT SEATTLE PROPERTIES”.
NOTE: All adult occupants (18 years or older) must complete individual applications and supply the below-required documentation. If any applicable fields are left blank or are filled incorrectly, the application will not be deemed complete and will be returned to you for completion. Falsifying information may be grounds for denial of your application.
- Pay non-refundable application fee: $49/applicant. It is paid directly to the screening agency at the time of application.
- Prepare and email all required documentation to us.
- Complete “PetScreening” application & pay non-refundable pet application fee. It is paid directly to the screening agency at the time of application. If you have No Pet or Animal you are required to complete the screening process at no charge ($0) to acknowledge applicable no pet policies. The pet application fee is $20 for the first pet and $15 for each additional pet/animal. Each pet application must be processed separately. Discounts for 2nd and additional pets are applied automatically and there is no charge ($0) for service animals.
- The screening process is normally completed within 24-48 hours if you have provided all the required documentation at the time of application and your references (landlord(s) /employer(s)) respond. References response time is the most common reason for delays. Let your employer/current and past landlords know ORCA Information (our screening agency) will be calling.
- Acres Property Management will contact you once approved to schedule a lease signing.
ACRES Property Management will continue advertising the property until a signed lease and move-in costs are received.
If you are applying for a property within the City of Seattle – only applications submitted via the “APPLY ONLINE | CITY OF SEATTLE” link will be processed. Applications not submitted via the correct link will be canceled without processing.
- Valid State or Federal issued Photo ID with Date of Birth (i.e: Driver’s License, State ID, Military ID (both sides), Passport).
- Proof of Employment/Income (most recent: paystub within 30 days w/ YTD, disability, retirement, SSI statement showing amount and length of time benefits to be received, employment contract, etc) (**disability/retirement/SSI, if not a current statement, you will need to provide 1 month of bank statements with applicant’s name printed on it for verification).
- Complete the “PetScreening” application. If you have No Pet or Animal you are required to complete the screening process at no charge ($0) to acknowledge applicable no pet policies. The pet application fee is $20 for the first pet and $15 for every additional pet. Each pet application must be processed separately but the discount will be automatically applied to additional pet applications. There is no charge ($0) for submitting a reasonable accommodation request for an assistance animal.
- OPTIONAL – Letter(s) of Explanations to explain circumstances around any known issues that will show on screening report and/or mitigating factors you’d like considered with your application.
- 3 months of bank statements (both business and personal) with the applicant’s and/or business name printed on them.
- Current & most recent past Quarter/Annual Profit/Loss Statement for Business.
- Copy of last 2 years filed tax return both Business and Personal.
Application Acceptance Policy
Applications will typically be reviewed in the order completed applications are received and screening completed for ALL applicants in the group. We may accept multiple applications on a single property. In order to be considered your application must include all information and all the requested documentation.
Approval on Properties Unseen
If you are not local, we can schedule a showing with a friend or family member or on a case by case basis, may offer a facetime viewing to complete the requirement. Any monies paid prior to your taking possession of the property are non-refundable in the event you are dissatisfied with the property and do not take possession upon your arrival.
Reasons for Denial
- Inability to verify stable employment/income that would be reasonably expected to continue until the completion of the offered lease term;
- Inability to verify past residence;
- Length of residence history;
- No/Inadequate credit file;
- Delinquent past or present credit/rental obligations with others;
- Eviction filing or judgement;
- Garnishment, attachment, foreclosure, repossession, collection action, or judgment;
- Rental application documents not fully submitted;
- Co-applicant(s)/Roommates not timely completing application and/or submitting documentation
- Refusal/Inability to start lease immediately upon property becoming available
- Lease not being timely signed after tenant group applications being approved
- Move-in deposits not being timely paid after tenant group being approved and offered tenancy.
This is a partial list of issues that are viewed negatively and may result in denial. Landlord, reserves the right to deny applications on any lawful basis that may not be listed above. Landlord will always accept mitigating factors and the ultimate decision to approve/deny is made on a case-by-case basis after taking all submitted information into consideration.
For all City of Seattle applicants – click on the button “APPLY ONLY | CITY OF SEATTLE”. For all other cities – click on the button “APPLY ONLINE| NOT SEATTLE PROPERTIES”. If you are applying for a property within the City of Seattle – only applications submitted via the “APPLY ONLINE | CITY OF SEATTLE” link will be processed. Applications not submitted via the correct link will be canceled without processing.
Want to Learn More?